I received a great message a few weeks back from CJ Nigh of the blog Undead Dad letting me know that he had nominated me for the “Versatile Blogger Award.” I thank CJ very much for that and for finding enough things interesting here to warrant it.
One of the things I find myself constantly amazed by is the sense of community in this vast cyberspace of blogs. It’s such a new realm to me still that I have been overwhelmed and incredibly grateful for the kind comments, likes and responses to my blog posts here over the past twelve months. Honestly, when I decided to start this blog, I never in a million years would have thought anyone other than my family and friends would have paid attention or cared, but so many of you have been so kind, attentive and caring that I just can’t help but say ‘thank you’ for making me feel welcome.
You all have such wonderful stories to tell, and through many of you liking my posts here, it’s made me go out and start following and reading many of your own blogs, and I absolutely love it.
With that said, I’d like to pass along some blogs that I’ve been following and enjoying as well:
Say Noodle – Kids Stuff. Crafts. Fun.
Dad, it’s ok! – 29 year old, newly married, and on the way to fatherhood. Stories of preparation, arrival and thereafter to be expect.
mariqia – A Mommy’s Life. baby. photography. food. love. style.
Scene Stealer – Taking a Shot at Life…Aiming to Inspire
Let it come from your heart – a beautiful photo blog
dorkdaddy – one dad’s misadventures in raising well adjusted kids while passing on a love of all things geek
Hickersonia – contemplative thoughts
The Adventures of Miss Fanny P – …because life is just one big adventure…
megactsout – my wife’s blog on life, kids and dreams
Rikdad’s Comic Thoughts – just some great analysis and observations on comics
Last of the Famous International Fanboys – A blog about comics n’ stuff!
Lotus Flower – Spreading the wonders and joy of Nichiran Buddhism through articles, experiences, art, music, film, comedy and pop culture, plus the author’s own thoughts.
Holy Karpe! – Sketch blog of my artist friend, Tom Karpe, who was kind enough to provide me with the Dorky Daddy illustration on this blog.
Brandon Dawley’s Sketchblog – another artist friend and his phenomenal work.
The Victorianchronists – a place where history, culture, and silliness meet.
Now, comes the boring part. I’m told that with this award, I’m supposed to share seven factoids about myself with you, as though you don’t learn more than you’d ever want to know about me from this blog. So, here we go:
1) I like to write with a blue pen whenever possible, feeling more creative when I do.
2) My favorite comic book super-villain is The Riddler.
3) I think that the smell of coffee grinding in a cafe smells so much better than any coffee ever actually tastes.
4) Before I became a journalist, I wrote and directed some low budget films.
5) The first comic book I ever read was an old Uncle Scrooge left at my grandmother’s house.
6) I often get accused of liking animals more than people. I won’t disagree, but my reasoning is because when animals are mean it’s usually out of instinct or protection, whereas humans CHOOSE to be mean to one another.
7) I am fascinated with the work and viewpoints of Orson Welles